Best Practice of Lighting in Warehouse and Industrial Spaces
This article has some very interesting information about lighting in warehouses:
Here is a quick summary:
- Lighting is one of the most important building elements in a warehouse because safety and productivity is a must for a successful, productive business. There are 95 million lost work days per year due to accidents.
- Correct lighting in a warehouse can reduce the number of accidents, resulting in a more productive and happier workplace.
- Before purchasing lighting, the warehouse landscape must be understood. No matter what type of lighting is used inside a warehouse, quality light fitting should always be used.
- There are three types of of lights that are currently used in warehouse but LED lighting is becoming rapidly popular within warehouses and industrial environments due to its energy and cost efficiency.
Posted on 03/26/2019 4:09 PM by Randee Inman
International Day of Happiness
Today is the International Day of Happiness! This day has been widely celebrated since 2013. It began as a way to recognize the importance of happiness in the lives of the people around the world.
After reading that today was the International Day of Happiness, we started thinking about what makes us happy on a daily basis and what makes other people happy. What makes you happy? Really think about it. Some people say that one way to feel more grateful on a day to day basis is to write daily lists about what you are thankful for.
One commonality between many of our team members here at Valet Energy is our passion for sports and physical fitness. Many of our team members were athletes in college and many of us still enjoy physical fitness on a daily basis as a way to stay in shape, spend time with family and friends and relieve stress.
It doesn't come as a surprise that when selecting a hotel when traveling for either work or for leisure, we usually take a look at the gym facility on the hotel website to make sure it well-equipped for our gym needs.
The fitness center at one of our latest projects, the Hilton Franklin Cool Springs, looks phenomenal! Not only is the facility well-stocked with any sort of gear and equipment you may need, but the lighting in the fitness center looks amazing. The lighting is bright enough that you can see your form in the mirrors without much of a glare but not too bright that it blocks the view of the pool that sits outside the floor to ceiling windows the cardio equipment faces. This gym is sure to please just about any guest that visits!
Posted on 03/20/2019 4:50 PM by Randee Inman
Six Benefits of Converting the Lighting in Hotels to LED
This article is almost a year old but the points in it are still very relevant. Hotels make up a large sector of our business and there are six main reasons hotels should make the transition from the use of incandescent and flourescent bulbs to LED lighting. These reasons include:
1. Cost Savings
2. Expanding Design Options
3. Brightening Exteriors
4. The Lure of Eco-Friendly
5. Upgrading Non-Room Spaces
6. Color Choices
For a full description of each of the categories, please reference the article below:
Posted on 03/13/2019 10:15 AM by Randee Inman